Grow Green Awards 2012
Send us your nominations now!
Do you know someone who is passionate about making the North East or East End of Glasgow a greener place to live? Then we want to hear from you! Awards are open to individuals, groups, schools, and local businesses that are making a real difference; whether they are getting people out on their bikes, growing their own food or even setting up a community composting scheme.
This award recognises efforts to promote more sustainable food practices in particular through growing and promoting local food.
This award is for efforts to make significant changes to reduce energy consumption at home or for initiatives that have had a real impact in encouraging and supporting others to reduce their energy use.
An award for promoting and supporting low carbon transport method efforts to reduce the environmental impact of transport.
Waste Reduction & Reuse
This award is for making a real impact in changing attitudes and behaviour towards waste by encouraging people to “Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Recycle”.
An award for a local business which has taken significant and practical steps to make their business more environmentally sustainable.
This award is for a school that has made had a real impact in promoting ‘green’ lifestyles both within the school and the local community.
Send completed nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
Jeremy Laycock, Playbusters, 1345-1351 Gallowgate, Glasgow, G31 2JT by Sunday, 19th February 2012
All nominations must be submitted on a completed nomination form.
- Anyone can nominate any individual, group, business or school or you are free to nominate yourself.
- The nominations are open to anyone whose activities are having an impact in the North East and East End of Glasgow and who has gone that 'extra mile' to make a real difference.
- The activities related to the nomination must have taken place between 1st February 2011 and 1st February 2012.
- The closing date for entries to be received either by post or email is Sunday, 19th February 2012.
How to complete your nominationHow to complete your nomination
- Please keep your nomination clear and concise. This is your chance to really sell the nominee so please ensure you explain how they meet the criteria for their category.
- An individual or group may be nominated in more than one category, however a separate nomination form must be completed for each category detailing why they meet the specific criteria for that category.
Please make sure that you clearly explain:
- When the work was carried out?
- What was the nominee aiming to achieve?
- How did they go about it?
- What the impact has been?
- What have they done to set themselves apart from others?
- How have they inspired others?
- How have they benefited their community through their efforts?
- An independent judging panel will consider all nominations and vote for the winners in each category.
- Judges reserve the right to transfer entries that are deemed eligible or more relevant to other categories.
- The winners will be revealed and awards presented at the Grow Green Awards Night on Wednesday 14th March 2012 at the Winter Gardens, Glasgow Green.